Sunday, November 7, 2010

New blog template and design

As you may have noticed, I have been experimenting with the design of the blog.

For now I have settled on the "Awesome Inc." blogger template, I liked how it . For the background I am using one of the Nature backgrounds. Under Layout > Adjust Width in the designer, I expanded the width of the entire blog from 880px to 1000px (max). I reduced the total width of the right sidebar as well. This gives more space for the longer code samples in the main body of my posts.

Not totally sold on the new looks. I notice that the Awesome Inc. template incorrectly floats some of the widgets in the side bar, so I've adjusted those to the bottom of the page layout, and the code samples extend beyond the main body now and into the space of the sidebar.

It is all still a work in progress. The backgrounds can be a distraction. It is cool I can make all these changes and the content is unaffected.

No comments:

Post a Comment