Monday, September 7, 2009

ohloh kudos

It seems that when I made commits for the two fixes that ohloh did get updated and track my commits to SVN which is good. But although I have an account there with a username which is the same as my SVN login "ammianus" it didn't associate that those commits were made by the me who had set up the ohloh "ammianus" account.

I guess it makes sense, since these are external systems, how can ohloh assume that just because someone made a commit to some repository and they happen to have the same screen name that they are the same person. I guess it makes sense so people can't accidentally take credit for other's work, although it seems there is nothing preventing someone from maliciously doing so.

While my starting "Kudos" rank was 1 (lowest), it looked like the "ammianus" who was logged as making commits to WorldWind had a level 4 Kudos rank. I thought that was cool. But when I associated my ohloh account to those commits, my rank went back down to 1. I wonder if the system takes some time to update? We'll wait and see for the gadget on the right to update.

Meanwhile, while I was traveling last few weeks on business and generally busy with work, seems that all momentum on the WW.NET seems to have petered out. I'll try to kick start things, I have one more bug fix to commit up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment