Tuesday, April 7, 2009

World Wind 1.4.1 Issues

I reported two more issues based on my work over the weekend. I did not get a whole lot of responses yet.

Issue 1:
I notice that when you uncheck "Starfield" in the Layer Manager, it doesn't actually remove the stars that are in the background.

Response: confirmed issue

Issue 2:
I have noticed this on my new development environment which is Vista (64-bit).

Sometimes, but not every time (can't seem to pinpoint an obvious cause or pattern), after I have run World Wind from VCE2005 and exit it from the File menu, then try to Run it in Debug again it will not start up. There is no Worldwind.exe process running and the problem remains if I just restart Visual Studio.


This was a juicy one, I had seen this before but thought it was some change to the code I had made caused this problem.

Thankfully I found that in WorldWind.cs it is actually checking for a Window handle named 'NASA World Wind', finding one and then returning after sending arguments for it.

I have had to comment out this return. Otherwise I need to log off of Windows and log back on to fix the problem.

The bug is that probably the Window is not being shut down completely.

// If World Wind is already running, pass any commandline
// arguments from this instance, and quit.
IntPtr handle = GetWWHandle();
if (!System.IntPtr.Zero.Equals(handle))
{


if(args.Length>0)
NativeMethods.SendArgs( handle, string.Join("\n",args) );

//[Ammianus] by commenting out this return I can get it to start every time.
//return;
}


Both bugs are being discussed in this stickied thread on the World Wind forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment