Saturday, April 11, 2009

Contribution Update

I went back and did some further rework for the changes to the "Download code" I submitted to the forum earlier. I posted these on the forum as well (still do not have commit access to SVN). There were no clear directions so I took some suggestions from forum users and combined that with already existing functionality (that was in the code but not used due to a bug I think I fixed).

I spent this day making these updates. Basically there were 3 files updated.

Changes include:
  • Now individual tiles will be put in a HashTable if they get 3 404 errors. They will be prevented from being readded to the download queue. Pressing 'F5' will clear this HashTable as will restarting the program.
  • After 5 failed tiles download attempts (tiles reaching the status above) the current anti-hammer logic kicks in to prevent further requests to that server for that layer. The default timeout period is 2 minutes before it will try to download for this layer again. Pressing 'Pressing F5' will clear this counter, and will stop the timeout and restart the download queue for this layer.
  • When the above condition is reached it will display a message in the top right saying "Problem connecting to server... Trying again in 2 minutes" when that layer is rendered after a timeout is reached. This stays visible for the first 20 seconds of the timeout then will be fade out...this logic was actually in there currently, but I was able to confirm that you can see it now (plus I extended the time it is visible from 15 to 20 seconds).

No comments:

Post a Comment