Saturday, May 14, 2011

Punch Clock new release

This is a cross-post from the PunchClockSWT Project Updates. Version 0.2.0 of PunchClock has now been posted.

Major changes:

  • "Fix this row" button on every row, which brings up a dialog to edit the fields for that row and save them.
  • All updates to rows are now audited in a table. This table can currently be dumped to the console through Options > Audit menu item.
  • Rounding errors in the Elapsed time calculation have been fixed. Now 5 digits of precision and a max of two digits after the decimal place.
I learned a few new things in this process. For the fix button I involved more SWT widgets such as TableEditor and explored further the FormLayout options to make a custom dialog for manually inputing data.

On the Derby side, I created additional tables, and had a chance to implement some database Triggers, which was new.

I may write up some of the details of the techniques I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment