Sunday, April 10, 2011

Punch Clock has gone live

I have wrapped up development of a beta version of my side-project "Punch Clock". I've created a launch page on Google Sites, and linked from the side bar.

https://sites.google.com/site/punchclockswt/

The released version is basically a public beta, free for anyone to download. Right now I support Windows and Linux.

The feature set is rudimentary but I am adding features as I have time. It has been a good project to learn the ins and outs of SWT for a basic app. I would like to explore refactoring more the UI to use more of the JFace patterns on top of SWT, I was just beginning to use this with the About dialog and the persistent settings modules. From the beginning this was a learning project, where I picked up Apache Derby, SWT, and created a build process in ANT, launched an entire release site with actual documentation, specified a license for the work etc...

More to follow I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment