Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chinese World Wind interest?

Out of curiosity I made a Google Blog search for "world wind ammianus" to see how my own blog ranked in searches.

Posts from this blog did come up, as well as many of my forum posts

One interesting search result was of a Chinese blog that actually referred to my screen name in reference to a recent SVN check-in log.
Original URL: http://www.cnblogs.com/wuhenke/archive/2009/12/11/1621459.html | Translate |

It is encouraging that a) there is someone out there doing something with World Wind.NET source code still and b) there seemed to be a lot of interest in the user comments in the .NET version and some members eager to learn the World Wind code.
Now I am anxious to analyze WorldWind analysis of the code, but each part of the collection and study how knowledge point, at this stage is only supporting them to learn from WorldWind source. 我最终会基于WorldWind的学习,开发自己的应用的,到时候会放很多DEMO的。 I will eventually WorldWind-based learning, develop their own applications, by that time will be playing a lot of DEMO's. - Seamless Customer

and this
I would like to start learning ww, every class, every method, every line of code there I would like to learn. 。 . - Xue-tao


I made a comment on their site (in English, if I can use google translate, so can they). If we could get some new developers working on the code maybe that might spark more involvement and participation of others either on the forums or in actual bug fixes or features? Obviously language might be a barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment